This is how I see discipleship
A lifestyle of mentoring my children in the real activities that happen in life.
A lifestyle of having my children along side me in every situation in order to glean wisdom, character, and skills.
· As I grow in my relationship with God I want to involve my children in that, and call them onto a greater personal relationship with God themselves.
· As I pursue the purpose God has for my life I want to show the children that they have God given gifts and talents and passions that God has built into them. As I further develop my gifts and talents I want to further the gifts and talents we see in each of our children.
· As God uses our family I want to equip our children with the heart and skills to be used by God. I want them to be ready in every aspect of their life their spiritual maturity, their character, their ability to communicate, think and create
· I want the vision that Pete and I have written for our family to be stamped on our childrens hearts so that when the time comes for their own individual families to begin their own identity a little of our identity will be interwoven into the next generation.
· As I learn to be diligent and consistent with my duties and responsibilities, on the practical side of family life, I want my children to learn not only the character issues, but also the practical skills to be able to help the family, help other families and eventually be responsible for their own family.
· Each one of the above mentioned areas can be in my life because I have the skills of reading, writing, comprehension, communication, mathematical understanding and general knowledge. Each of these academic areas are still growing in my life so as I function in these areas and grow in my understanding and use my children can be along side me learning, gleaning and encouraging us all onto better understandings.
This working definition of “discipleship” is what I want to use as I look at our activities for each day.
Instant download, and then join the Heart Boost Weekly, by confirming in your email.