/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
Today was such a productive day! The reason I like to occasionally record all that we do each day for a week, is because it makes me think about the things that we do do instead of focusing on the things that we don’t get to.
After the morning chores were done Jess, Nomi and Daniel came to town with me to do the grocery shop and a few town chores. These days the shopping is so quick and easy as each one take a portion of the shopping list, being responsible for 2-3 isles.
On our way home we worked on drawing a mud map so we can give clear directions to people to find our place. We will revisit this math task over the next few weeks, today was about observing what we see on the road.
As we unpacked the groceries it became obvious we needed to clean out the fridge. The best of all of this for Jess was she got her labeller out and labelled our fruit and veg boxes. So now my fridge is all neat, tidy and clean.
Jess, Nomi and Daniel sat down and worked with a few more thoughts on mapping. The younger two completed a little lapbook mini-book fold for their math scrapbook.
During the morning Josh worked down on the Sandalwood trees and investigated into University options, plus math and Latin.
Lunch and Chores for all.
Our afternoon as spent with an old-time family friend who is visiting town. Actually we bought her piano when she left town so whenever she comes back for a visit the girls like to play for her and then listen to her play. Actually this was Nomi’s first time playing for her since she just started lessons this year. The girls then showed her all the projects they have made in the last year (since her last visit) and then I got my visit. We sat over a cuppa and chatted away. We weren’t allowed to talk about anything significant because her dh was concerned that when they come over for a meal on Saturday we’ll have nothing to talk about ! LOL!
Mid to late afternoon everyone was doing their thing.
- Josh had to work this afternoon mowing lawns,
- Jess worked on some study, blogging and just relaxing
- Daniel spend time working on chores for pay (only certain chores have this opportunity). He mowed the lawn and for the first time he cleaned windows – and he did a great job.
- Later on Nomi and Daniel had a friend come down to play and they had a ball in the irrigation channel.
- After my friend left I started to work in the kitchen. I filled my dehydrator with two lots of raw crackers/bread, and some raw cookies. I also made a chocolate mousse and a chia pudding. No nibbling on processed food for me tomorrow!
<i>So now my fridge is all neat, tidy and clean</i> and labeled!!!
We had a very productive day yesterday – so far it has been a great week! But you forgot to mention I had singing lessons!