Here are some of the articles/blogs that I’ve been reading over the last week:
I’ve printed off both these posts to read to my kids over dinner in order to kick start conversation.
- Dragons and Dinosaurs – I don’t just want to talk about the creation science issues here (we talk about that a lot anyway) but I want to talk about the sense of purpose that this man has.
- Banned Books and censorship – I wonder what my kids feel about this? I wonder if they understand the shift, the transfer from me banning books to them self-censoring? It will be a good conversation.
Thanks to Susan from Kerugma I found this list of 11 rules your kids did not and will not learn in school, the caution though as we read it is to not think that our kids won’t have these attitudes – we need to check, as we read this list, that we are not encouraging this way of thinking in our family life.
Most of my organisation is now digital but I appreciated reading Habits for a Happy Home … Household Notebook post. I do think the key with any organisational tool is that we use it!
Francois asks – “What are your Sunday night rituals?” – Mine are
- Early chores so we can watch a ‘thinking’ divd – then dinner when we can talk about what we’ve learnt/thought.
- Planning: last check on lesson plans (hopefully I’ve planned Friday/Saturday), look over diary – confirm or tweak our days, review menu (though I write that Wednesday nights before we go shopping on Thursday)
- Catch up with Peter – I try and give him an overview of our week and understand what he has in his